Monday, August 31, 2015

Motherhood

Motherhood is filled with cookies and smiles : )

Nope that's not all true, motherhood is the best gift God ever gave me and I love every minute of it! However it's not all cookies and smiles, as your children grow to become teenagers it's like ok what have I done wrong for them to not like me. 

It's honestly one of the hardest moments I've gone through or going through currently. I like to please people, so for my own children to seem annoyed with me is hurtful. Do they love me, yes of course they do. But as a grown adult I sit back and have to ask myself, what as a mother have I done for my children not to have the respect to show their love or for me not to be one of the most important people in their lives. 

At this moment, I know they are growing and learning and that's ok but I still feel they should respect their mother. If anyone else has ideas or going through the same experience please share and we can go through this together. I also know that I am a little emotional with all the changes going on in my life as well, so maybe that's why I feel a little unappreciated. 

I really just want to not text or call and ask how was your day or say I love you daily , just to let them miss me, but then I think, what if I don't get that chance again. How do you explain that to a teenager. You don't, I guess I will just always be the annoying parent who loves my kids. I don't want to be stubborn and make them miss me because I miss them daily and need to let them know I love them daily. 

Some call that babying, I say it's just showing your love. It's what works for me personally to get through the day. I figure if they can text and communicate with their friends, then why can't the text and communicate at least once in a day just to say hey. At the end of the day, I hope my children know how much I love them and how everything I do is for them. 

Again sorry for the blah blah blah, but as my blog states, free your mind. I use this blog to help free my mind of stress and when I get upset about things, or just because I feel like writing. 

No one ever said this motherhood stuff would be this hard! But it's most def the best thing that has ever happened to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment